WordPress is perhaps the most popular and widely used CMS (content management systems). With so many CMS out there, here are the core reasons why WordPress is the best option for you.
1. Ease of Use. WordPress is a platform for beginners and developers alike. The interface may have changed since it was first launched in 2003, but it remained user-friendly. This is probably why recent statistics show that 50-60% of the global CMS Market is WordPress’ share.
2. Flexible. Not liking the default themes? WordPress’ theme directory lets you choose from thousands of themes so you can create the perfect website. Still can’t find the right one? You can create your own and customise however, whenever. What’s more, you can switch themes at any time.
Flexibility with WordPress not only comes with its themes, but in expanding your website as well. You can choose from a wide array of plug-ins and integrations, from social media and search engine optimisation widgets to complex CRMs (Customer Relations Management). You can even customise your own plug-ins with its large developer tool.
3. Host your website. There are 2 versions of WordPress, with one being a self-hosted CMS, allowing you to download the software and host it yourself. Hosting it yourself means you own your website and all its contents, as well as the ability to customise your site.
4. Search Engine Friendly. WordPress already has multiple SEO features built into it, but you can make it even more search engine friendly with SEO plug-ins.
5. Media management. WordPress supports different types of media like images, videos and audio that you can drag and drop in the uploader or embed them in the page just by pasting the source URL.
6. Multiple users. Various people with different roles can be assigned permissions and access the site simultaneously.
7. Cost-effective. WordPress’ pricing options are more affordable compared to other platforms, but offers the same if not more features.
There’s a reason why WordPress has been around for as long as it has. And it will continue to grow along with the businesses it helped build.